Known to many older Bangaloreans as Kuvempunagara, BTM Layout is named after the areas it’s geographically sandwiched between-Byrasandra, Tavarekere, and Madiwala. This locality is one of the most popular residential layouts in Bangalore, and has grown from a sparsely populated region to a self-sufficient locality. In fact, BTM Layout is among the priciest real estate locations in the Garden City today.
Living in BTM Layout
Being a predominantly residential area, BTM Layout is one of the most sought-after localities in the property market.
- There are a plethora of housing options here. These include furnished independent houses, furnished apartments for rent, serviced apartments, and semi-furnished flats for rent.
- If you’re looking to rent in BTM Layout, Bangalore, a quick search on the Internet will show you loads of residential apartments for rent, and a number of similar rental properties.
- The average rental rate is between INR 15 to INR 20 per square foot, which is close to INR 17000 for 2 BHK apartments’ rent. BTM Layout is slightly expensive in terms of rental rates.
The layout is well maintained by civic authorities and rarely faces problems with electricity and water. The roads are good, there is ample green cover – which includes parks for recreation, and a low rate of crime and theft. However the summer months have led to a few instances of inadequate Cauvery water supply, but nothing serious enough to warrant a negative outlook. A few residents have raised concerns about the increased vehicular traffic through the layout which should ease up once the Namma Metro lines are up and running.
If you or someone you live with needs to be near a competent medical centre at all times, BTM Layout is a good choice of residence.
- There are a number of speciality hospitals in BTM 2nd stage like the Karanth Speciality Hospital and Multispeciality Hospital, which offer a wide range of high-level treatment and surgery options.
- Vinayaka Nethralaya offers dedicated eye treatment and laser corrective surgery.
If you’ve got kids of a school-going age, you have plenty of schooling options to choose from in the area.
- For the young ones, there’s Oi Playschool, Kidzee, Eurokids, and Siksha Montessori School.
- If your children have grown past the preschool stage, you can look at VIBGYOR High School, Orchids International School, and IQRA International School.
- For those looking to pursue a professional course, MES College and Al-Ameen Institute of Management Studies are some good options in the area.
Things To Do
To cater to the bustling residential neighbourhood, BTM Layout is filled to the brim with all sorts of eateries and entertainment facilities. You’ll hardly ever need to step out of BTM to find a place to relax and unwind. If you run out of options here, there are always Jayanagar and Koramangala, which are both a hop, skip, and jump away.
- Go on a shopping spree whenever you want to. Apart from its full-fledged marketplace, BTM Layout has three major malls; Fantasy Mall, Gopalan Innovation Mall, and Elegance Mantri Mall.
- Fitness enthusiasts rejoice! BTM Layout offers numerous gymnasiums and recreational centres. Snap Fitness, Core Fitness, and Muscle Tribe Gym are some of the options you have.
- If you’re not into intense exercise, the Art Of Living Centre helps you relax and stay healthy through Yoga.
- You can satisfy all kinds of food cravings here; enjoy grilled delights at AB’s Absolute Barbeques, sample some authentic Gujarati food at Locha, or gulp down fresh brewed beer at Punjabi By Nature.
- For the dessert lovers there’s the evergreen Corner House, or you could try Stoner for a modern twist on the humble ice cream sundae.
Ease of Access
BTM Layout residents have the luxury of living in one of the best-connected localities in all of Bangalore.
- The Outer Ring Road (ORR) runs right through the middle of BTM 1st stage and 2nd stage. There are numerous bus stops on this stretch.
- The ORR also takes you to the Silk Board junction, where you can catch a bus to pretty much any corner of the city.
- Kempegowda International Airport is a mere 90 minute drive from BTM Layout, and can be conveniently accessed through the dedicated BMTC Vayu Vajra bus number KIAS-12.
- With the Electronic City flyover in place, all your traffic concerns go out the window; you’ll reach Electronic City within as little as 30 minutes.
Taking all factors into consideration, BTM Layout is definitely an ideal choice for those planning to settle down in Bangalore.