Electronic City is the information technology hub in Bengaluru, and is located in the southernmost outskirts of Bengaluru. It consists of three zones called phases – Phase I, Phase II and Phase III. Even though the locality has all the essential amenities like banks, departmental stores, multi-speciality clinics, restaurants, fast food outlets etc, the property prices here are much lower than other areas of Bengaluru. If you work at one of the many companies in or around Electronic City, living here is a great choice.
Living in Electronic City
- Electronic City has loads of ready-to-move-in options, and the rents for these are quite affordable. More so when you’re looking to rent with a few friends and need a 3 BHK apartment.
- The rents vary from zone to zone. Since, Phase I offers better connectivity to rest of the city (compared to the other phases). As a result, the rent here, even for 1 BHK apartments, tends to be on the higher side.
- The average rent for a 2 BHK apartment in Phase I is INR 15,600 per month. Similar properties in Phase II and III are pegged at around INR 11,100 per month.
- Most apartment complexes here have swimming pools, badminton and tennis courts, gyms, and clubhouses, besides essentials like 24×7 electricity backup and water supply, lift, and security.
- If you are hunting for a home in Electronic City, give Zenify a shot – all you need to do is, choose a flat and move in on your chosen date, Zenify will take care of the rest.
The demand for real estate in this part of the city is not very high as Electronic City is located far to the south of the city. It is ideal for people working within the Electronic City or the nearby areas like Kudlu Gate, HSR Layout, Bommanahalli, and Hosur.
Apartments here offer top-notch amenities and you pay less rent that you would in places like Indiranagar and Koramangala.
Electronic City is served by quite a few high-quality hospitals.
- Springleaf Hospital, located opposite Infosys Convention Centre, is a multispeciality hospital and can cater to your healthcare needs.
- Some of the other multispeciality hospitals in and around Electronic City includes Apollo Clinic, Srujana Hospital, and Vimalaya Hospital.
- Swami Trauma Care and Maternity Hospital is dedicated to trauma and maternity care.
Electronic City also has a number of dental and eye clinics as well.
There are a good number of schools in Electronic City, making it a great place to live for families as well. When you live in Electronic City flats, you don’t have to worry about sending your child to far-off places to ensure good education.
- Maple Bear and Eurokids are renowned preschools in Electronic City.
- Schools like Feathertouch International, Shams High School, St. Xavier’s School, Brookfield High School, and MM English High School cater to older children.
- If you’re looking for higher education, SFS Degree College offers various graduation programs.
- Business schools like ISBR and IFIM help future entrepreneurs bring their dreams to fruition.
- For the more technically minded?Bangalore College of Engineering & Technology is easily accessible.
Things To Do
Electronic City has a number of watering holes for you to spend long, lazy weekends at. There are family restaurants here as well, and supermarkets to fulfill your grocery and shopping needs.
- The Oasis Bar and Restaurant, TapHouse Restobar, and Mesa Lounge Bar and Deli are some of the places where you can enjoy food and alcohol.
- Sky Lounge is an expensive rooftop and poolside bar-cum-restaurant in Electronic City Phase I.
- Coffee aficionados can slake their thirst by visiting the CCD outlets here.
Koramangala is conveniently located 12.6 km from Electronic City Phase 1 and has some of the most happening places in the city.
Ease of Access
Conveyance is a problem for people living in Electronic City, as it’s located far from the center of Bangalore. However, regular BMTC buses connect places like Silk Board, Shivaji Nagar, Koramangala, and the airport to this locality.
- Kempegowda International Airport is located 54 km from Electronic City. Apart from travelling here by bus, you can also book taxis.
- Yeshwanthpur Railway station is located 48 km away.
If you’re looking for affordable apartments for rent, with luxurious amenities, and work in and around Electronic City, it’s a great place to live.