Up until the late 1990s, Whitefield was just a quaint village on the outskirts of Bangalore. In fact, back then, Whitefield only had a population of 130 people.
Fast forward to 2017 and it’s impossible to imagine that this bustling, highly developed region of Bangalore was once nothing more than 2000 acres of agricultural land. Now this region is highly sought after in the property market, with the rent in Whitefield road for a 2BHK going as high as INR 40000 per month.
Living in Whitefield
After being declared as SEZ, Whitefield has seen a flurry of development and could now be called Bangalore’s second Electronic City.
- Numerous builders have constructed high-quality apartments and properties to cater to the employees of the companies situated here.
- It’s fairly easy to find Whitefield flats for rent. Especially if you don’t plan on settling here permanently. Temporary living spaces are in abundance at Whitefield. Houses for rent can be found close to many of the major business offices located in the area.
- Businessmen coming to Bangalore for a few months can either choose rental properties like a house, serviced apartment, or even a furnished independent house. There are also many unfurnished and semi-furnished flats for rent.
- If you are hunting for a home in Whitefield, give Zenify a shot – all you need to do is, choose a flat and move in on your chosen date, Zenify will take care of the rest. .
Most residents are quite comfortable with the living conditions here. Whitefield enjoys low crime rates, and has a fairly steady supply of water and electricity.
This area also has a good number of hospitals that can cater to your healthcare needs.
- Whitefield has an abundance of premium healthcare facilities like Columbia Asia Hospital and Narayana Multispeciality Hospital.
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, a super specialty hospital, is located in the area and offers free healthcare.
- There is also a dedicated maternity hospital, Cloudnine, which offers super speciality prenatal and postnatal care to pregnant mothers.
People with families looking for a residential apartment for rent would find this an ideal locality to live in. When you rent in Whitefield,you have a host of schooling options.
- For tiny-tots, there are several pre-schools like Chrysalis Kids, Prishti Pre-School, and Samskrithi Montessori School.
- Older children are also spoilt for choice when it comes to education-The Bangalore School, Vydehi School of Excellence, Whitefield Global School, and many more offer quality education in the area.
- Reputed colleges like MVJ College of Engineering, Vydehi Institute of Nursing Sciences, and CMRIT are also located in and around the area.
Things To Do
Whitefield has no dearth of leisure and entertainment. Incredible dining spaces, a buzzing nightlife, and a world-class movie theater with an IMAX screen, it has it all. If you’re looking to rent at Whitefield, Bangalore, rest assured that you’ll always find something to keep yourself occupied.
Sprawling malls like Inorbit Mall, Forum Value Mall, and Ascendas Park Square Mall will be able to satisfy all of your shopping needs.
You can also feast on all kinds of cuisine when you’re in Whitefield.
- Have a gourmet pizza at California Pizza Kitchen or simply head to Burger King to satisfy your hunger with a quick bite.
- If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you can satiate your sugar craving at places like Berry’d Alive and Ooty Chocolates.
Despite being located towards the outskirts of the main city, Whitefield sees people from all parts of Bangalore pouring in over the weekend to kick back and enjoy their break from work. This is mainly because of the quality establishments which ensure that Whitefield also offers the nightlife experiences that the rest of the city is known for. There is everything from microbreweries and lounges to venues with live music in Whitefield, Bangalore.
- Windmills Craftworks is a particularly famous microbrewery that is known not just for its tasty brews but also for its ambiance and food.
- If you enjoy some live entertainment along with your drinks, head to The Biere Club which also has a scrumptious brunch buffet every Sunday.
Ease of Access
Thanks to the fast-paced development that followed the setting up of IT offices in this region, Whitefield enjoys good connectivity with the rest of the city and major localities that surround this erstwhile Anglo-Indian settlement.
- Kempegowda International Airport is approximately 70 minutes away and can be conveniently accessed through the BMTC airport shuttles.
- The planned Purple line of Namma Metro will connect Whitefield to Byappanahalli and will have 13 other stations in between.
All in all, this locality is quite self-sufficient and residents will rarely need to travel large distances to find what they need.