Fast forward to 2016 and it's impossible to imagine that this bustling, highly developed region of Bangalore was once nothing more than 2000 acres of agricultural land.
Now this region is highly sought after in the property market, with the rent in Whitefield road for a 2BHK going as high as INR 40000 per month.
- Numerous builders have constructed high-quality apartments and properties to cater to the employees of the companies situated here.
- It's fairly easy to find Whitefield flats for rent. Especially if you don't plan on settling here permanently. Temporary living spaces are in abundance at Whitefield. Houses for rent can be found close to many of the major business offices located in the area.
- A quick Google search for property rentals in Whitefield will give you a long list of flats available for rent and furnished apartments for rent.
- Businessmen coming to Bangalore for a few months can either choose rental properties like a house, serviced apartment, or even a furnished independent house. There are also many unfurnished and semi-furnished flats for rent.
However, the summer months have resulted in unpredictable water shortages with residents having to resort to water tankers to deal with the problem.
- Whitefield has an abundance of premium healthcare facilities like Columbia Asia Hospital and Narayana Multispeciality Hospital.
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, a super specialty hospital, is located in the area and offers free healthcare.
- There is also a dedicated maternity hospital, Cloudnine, which offers super speciality prenatal and postnatal care to pregnant mothers.
When you rent in Whitefield,you have a host of schooling options.
- For tiny-tots, there are several pre-schools like Chrysalis Kids, Prishti Pre-School, and Samskrithi Montessori School.
- Older children are also spoilt for choice when it comes to education-The Bangalore School, Vydehi School of Excellence, Whitefield Global School, and many more offer quality education in the area.
- Reputed colleges like MVJ College of Engineering, Vydehi Institute of Nursing Sciences, and CMRIT are also located in and around the area.
Sprawling malls like Inorbit Mall, Forum Value Mall, and Ascendas Park Square Mall will be able to satisfy all of your shopping needs.
You can also feast on all kinds of cuisine when you're in Whitefield.
- Have a gourmet pizza at California Pizza Kitchen or simply head to Burger King to satisfy your hunger with a quick bite.
- If you've got a sweet tooth, you can satiate your sugar craving at places like Berry'd Alive and Ooty Chocolates.
- Windmills Craftworks is a particularly famous microbrewery that is known not just for its tasty brews but also for its ambiance and food.
- If you enjoy some live entertainment along with your drinks, head to The Biere Club which also has a scrumptious brunch buffet every Sunday.
- Kempegowda International Airport is approximately 70 minutes away and can be conveniently accessed through the BMTC airport shuttles.
- The planned Purple line of Namma Metro will connect Whitefield to Byappanahalli and will have 13 other stations in between.