Indiranagar was formed in 1980s, as a part of BDA layout and it was initially a residential area with sprawling bungalows, belonging mostly to defence personnel. However, with the IT boom in the late 1990s, this area turned into a more commercial space and real estate started flourishing as well. It is a cosmopolitan area and offers a wide array of experiences.
- The average rent for a 1 BHK apartment in Indiranagar is INR 14,000 per month. For a 2 BHK apartment, rent comes up to around INR 25,000 per month, and for a 3 BHK, you'll need to pay a rent of INR 40,000 per month.
- Many apartments here offer lift services, 24x7 electricity backup and water supply, security, and parking facilities. There are a few new apartment complexes that have amenities like swimming pools and clubhouses as well.
- Chinmaya Mission Hospital (CMH) is nearby multispeciality hospital. It runs free OPD for 1000 patients every month and offers discounts to senior citizens.
- GG Hospital is another choice that you have and is located centrally in Indiranagar.
- Motherhood, located on CMH Road, specialises in maternity health care.
- For ophthalmic care, Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye Care is at hand.
- For tiny tots, there are preschools like Maple Bear, Little Millennium, and Billy Bear's.
- For the older kids, schools like SSB International School, New Horizon Public School, and Pristine Public School deserve mention. New Horizon Public School is affiliated to ICSE, and Pristine Public School, to CBSE.
- From St. Mary's College and KMJ College of Nursing to Indian Institute of Fashion Technology and C.N.K. Reddy School of Business, your budding trailblazer will have a lot of options to choose from, regardless of what he or she aims to become in life.
- Come Saturday and you'll find it difficult to get a table at places like Toit Brewpub, Vapor Pub & Brewery, Hoppipolla, Xtreme Sports Bar & Grill, and Warehouse - The Club.
- A whole range of restaurants are located on the 80 Feet and 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar Bangalore. 100 Ft. Boutique Bar Restaurant, Red Fork Deli, Tunday Kababi, Little Italy, Barbeque Nation, and Smoke House Deli each specialise in different cuisines. All the major restaurant chains like KFC, McDonalds, and Tadka Singh have outlets here.
- If you want a quick bite and some coffee, you can visit Cafe Thulp, Ant's Cafe, Au Bon Pain, or Matteo Coffea.
- Cream & Stone brings joy to all ice cream lovers in Indiranagar.
- Bengaluru International Airport is located about 40km from Indiranagar and there are regular buses that connect these places. Besides, there are always autos and prebooked cabs which you can use to fulfill your transportation needs.
- Yeshwanthpur Railway Station is only 15 km away.