It?s amongst the largest IT industrial parks of India and was developed by Keonics Karnataka Electronics. At present, there are around 300 companies functioning from Electronic City, and this makes up a large portion of the city's workforce. Real estate started developing soon after, and now there are a plethora of options to choose from.
The maintenance of Electronic City was handed over to Electronics City Industries Association (ELCIA) in 1997. This organisation is made up of representatives from amongst people living in Electronic City and is focused on better management and effective governance. They have deployed more than 500 security officials and installed CCTV camera in the area. Electronic City is counted amongst the safest places in Bangalore.
- Electronic City has loads of ready-to-move-in options, and the rents for these are quite affordable. More so when you're looking to rent with a few friends and need a 3 BHK apartment.
- The rents vary from zone to zone. Since, Phase I offers better connectivity to rest of the city (compared to the other phases). As a result, the rent here, even for 1 BHK apartments, tends to be on the higher side.
- The average rent for a 2 BHK apartment in Phase I is INR 15,600 per month. Similar properties in Phase II and III are pegged at around INR 11,100 per month.
- Most apartment complexes here have swimming pools, badminton and tennis courts, gyms, and clubhouses, besides essentials like 24x7 electricity backup and water supply, lift, and security.
- Businessmen visiting Bangalore for a short period can opt for service apartments for rent, which can be booked on daily or monthly basis.
Apartments here offer top-notch amenities and you pay less rent that you would in places like Indiranagar and Koramangala.
- Springleaf Hospital, located opposite Infosys Convention Centre, is a multispeciality hospital and can cater to your healthcare needs.
- Some of the other multispeciality hospitals in and around Electronic City includes Apollo Clinic, Srujana Hospital, and Vimalaya Hospital.
- Swami Trauma Care and Maternity Hospital is dedicated to trauma and maternity care.
- Maple Bear and Eurokids are renowned preschools in Electronic City.
- Schools like Feathertouch International, Shams High School, St. Xavier's School, Brookfield High School, and MM English High School cater to older children.
- If you're looking for higher education, SFS Degree College offers various graduation programs.
- Business schools like ISBR and IFIM help future entrepreneurs bring their dreams to fruition.
- For the more technically minded?Bangalore College of Engineering & Technology is easily accessible.
- The Oasis Bar and Restaurant, TapHouse Restobar, and Mesa Lounge Bar and Deli are some of the places where you can enjoy food and alcohol.
- Sky Lounge is an expensive rooftop and poolside bar-cum-restaurant in Electronic City Phase I.
- Coffee aficionados can slake their thirst by visiting the CCD outlets here.
- Kempegowda International Airport is located 54 km from Electronic City. Apart from travelling here by bus, you can also book taxis.
- Yeshwanthpur Railway station is located 48 km away.