The community derives its name from the British civil servant Alexander Ranken Cox, who served as the collector of Bangalore when the layout was created.
You will see many instances of British influences in Cox Town, Bangalore because of its prominence during the British reign. Streets like Assaye Road and Meeanee Road are named after local battles that took place during this era.
- Many famed builders like Sobha, Elegant, Krishna Regency, and Purva have constructed Cox Town, Bangalore apartments that offer great amenities.
- 2 BHK apartments in the locality are priced between INR 15,000 and INR 30,000. Most of these offer excellent amenities like swimming pools, play areas for children, and gardens.
- Bachelors looking for a 1 BHK apartment won't be disappointed at Cox Town; these cost around INR 10,000 to INR 18,000 in rent.
- For families looking at bigger homes, Cox Town has 3 BHK apartments for rent at around INR 80,000 to INR 1,00,000 per month. You can also find cheaper 3 BHK homes (albeit with fewer facilities) that are priced between INR 30,000 and INR 50,000.
- Apollo Clinic, Fortis Hospital, Fortis La Femme, Mediscope Hospital Private Limited, and ESI Hospital are some of the renowned medical institutions that offer top-quality services, with state-of-the-art equipment and experienced staff doctors.
- Maternity and child care centres like Motherhood and Cloudnine Care Clinic are located near Cox Town as well. No painful long drives to each check-up!
- There are a good number of ENT, ophthalmologic, and dentistry hospitals in the neighbourhood.
- You will find a number of pre-schools for your little one around the Cox Town area. Little Elly Preschool, EuroKids, Little Millennium, Alpha Kids, Kidzee, and Podar Jumbo Kids are some of reputed ones.
- Oasis International School, Christ The King School, and St. Aloysius School are some of the prominent schools within the locality. There are other popular schools in the surrounding areas, like St. Francis Xavier Girls High School, Clarence High School, Florence High School, St. Germain High School, and Frank Anthony Public School.
- Students pursuing higher studies can opt for a home to rent at Cox Town; the locality has a good number of colleges as well, including St. Aloysius Degree College, Mathrusri Ramabai Ambedkar Dental College, St. Joseph's PU College, and BBMP Junior College.
- You will find a number of churches here. St. Mary's Basilica, St. Patrick's Church, St. John's Church, and St. Mark's Cathedral are all located in and around Cox Town. These are some of Bangalore's most popular places of worship.
- There are a number of good restaurants?like Dolphins Restaurant & Pub, Mangalore Pearl, Biriyani Delicacy, Subway, Taipan Restaurant, Cafe Idly, and Beijing Bites?in the neighbourhood.
- You can catch the latest movies at the theatres dotting the locality, like INOX-Lido Mall, Rex Theatre, Yours Truly Theatre, and Everest Theatre.
- There are also several pubs in the locality, like Sherlock's Pub and Watson's.
- There are several BMTC buses connecting it to prime bus stations like Kempegowda Bus Station and Shivajinagar.
- You also have frequent buses to areas like Madiwala, BTM Layout, Banashankari, and Kalyan Nagar.
- The Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station is a 15-minute drive from Cox Town. The Bangalore East Railway Station is also located close by.
- Byappanahalli and MG Road Metro Stations are both located close to the area.
- The Kempegowda International Airport is almost 36 km away from Cox Town; it only takes you a hour-long cab ride to get there.